Tuesday, October 24, 2023

We live in a fish bowl



Update of 12/22/14 post:

Now, more than ever.


end update-sky, comrade




Did you ever notice that?

Computers are rigged up for that now.  There's little privacy out there.  People can track what you are doing, especially government people.  Think you are doing something nobody knows about?  Think again!

There's certainly no privacy in financial transactions.  The government is going to know what you do with your money.  Where it is, and how you got it, and how you spend it.  You have no right to privacy with your money.

There's no privacy even in the middle of nowhere.  Not that I purchased the land out west in order to gain some.  There's satellites that can see what you are doing from above.  If there's something they want to check out more closely, they can get a drone to fly over you.

There's no getting away from prying eyes.

This has implications on a number of levels.  What if you want to fight a corrupt government?  Good luck with that, for they are watching you.  You can count on that.  Want to organize against the powers-that-be?  They are watching you.  Want to fight them?  Go ahead, and try to organize a guerrilla group and see how far you get with that.

I was thinking of all these things with respect to the gun videos that I posted yesterday.  Why would anybody want these guns?  There are two types that I can think of.  The true criminal types and then there may be those who are sincerely concerned about the future of this country and are alarmed about the creeping totalitarian tendencies that seem to be growing stronger by the day.

Guns are pretty easy to make, if these videos are any indication.  But it makes little sense economically to make them this way.  Their main attraction would be that they would be untraceable.  Of course, the powers-that-be don't like this, and it is certainly guaranteed that they will use the powers of the state to crack down upon anybody, criminal or otherwise, who start to manufacture these guns in large numbers.

Interestingly enough, the government may not crack down on everybody.  Discriminatory enforcement of the laws are a chief tool of totalitarians.  This bunch in DC look like they are doing things that way.  Curiously enough, they may not go after you if you make these guns "for the right reasons".

See what I mean?

If I were to go into this business, it is hard for me to control who I might come into contact with.  My powers are limited.  No matter how hard I try, I may not be able to prevent the wrong kind of people to get these guns.

Even if I joined a group, how could I know that the group isn't corrupt itself?

Perhaps I could take the point of view that I cannot guarantee what will happen with these things once I ship them out.  So, some criminal group gets ahold of them and does something really bad, and I am responsible.

I'd rather not be.  But I'd also rather not be too passive in the face of the increasing evil I see in this society.

What to do?  It may be a fishbowl, but I don't have access to the viewing equipment.  I can't watch THEM, even though they can sure watch me.

I think about this and I think about that fishbowl.  What the hell can you do???


No comments: