Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The basics of the case according to USA Today

A quick post here before I go...

What are the facts?  Anybody care to look at them?  I will starting now.  Well, here's the basics...

two starkly different versions of the events leading to the shooting emerged in media accounts.

Police have said a scuffle broke out after Wilson asked Brown and a friend to move out of the street. Wilson told investigators he shot Brown only after the teenager reached for the officer's gun. Some witnesses said Brown had run away from Wilson, then turned and raised his hands in the air in a gesture of surrender before he was shot in the head and chest
. [ emphasis added ]

Nothing really new there, but I saw something on Daily Kos that I hadn't seen before.  Brown was over a 100 feet away from the police car.  There needs to be an explanation for that.  That's all I'm saying.  None in this story that I can detect.


No comments: