Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Riots over Ferguson decision

Didn't stay up for the announcement, obviously.  Woke up to the sight of the riots, and thinking:  what the f**k?

There are two sides to every story.  You have to sift out the facts the best you can from what evidence is available.   Some of that evidence may not be reliable.

Now that some damage has been done, there's some facts that are coming to the fore that make me go -- hmm.

It looks like the reporting itself is less than 100% accurate across the board.  That includes left and right leaning sources.  Examples?

  • The distance Brown's body was from the police car.  How is that explained?  I never heard of it before now, and I didn't hear about it until I visited a left wing site.
  • The usual complaints about media bias is what I did hear because I usually visit right wing sites.  I am convinced that this part is true and real.
It doesn't excuse one side from bias if the other side is biased.  If we were getting the truth, maybe this unfortunate circumstance could have been handled better.  As it is, there is now a marker being laid down by both sides.  Truth is, I don't trust either.  They are leaving important parts out of the story.  This enables political agitation to flourish, which isn't any good in solving problems.

Update:

Where's Obama on this?  Why would it take somebody like me to get at the truth?  Nobody comes here.  That's the point.  Biased news is more sexy than objective reporting.  Nobody will pay attention to you if you go Sgt. Friday and say "just the facts, ma'am".


No comments: