Saturday, November 29, 2014

Saturday after Black Friday

Previous   Next

The next installment in the off-the-grid series.

Yesterday, I window shopped.  Today, I bought something.  It seemed like a bargain, but bargains sometimes don't work out that way.

It was the freezer I saw yesterday.  Once I got it unpacked, and read through the instructions, I see that I've got something of a problem.  It cannot be operated in the shed.  That means it must go in the trailer, which also means I have to find a way to fit it in.  Not likely, since it seems to be too big.  It may be possible to put it on a pedestal, but it can't go too high.  Needs sufficient clearance, which looks to be at least two feet.

So, I raised the roof about a foot, and put in a shelf that will hold the freezer and toilet.  No shower included on this version, although it might be possible to work in something small.


Another possibility is to put it in the greenhouse/ solarium, where I plan to do some climate control there.


No comments: