Sunday, November 30, 2014

Floor plans for " da trailer" changing again

Prev   Next

This will go into the off-da-grid construction sub series.  ( I'm having some fun with this now.  That explains the use of the non standard English word "da" ( meaning "the" ).  It's getting to be quite a kick figuring out how much crap I'm can cram into the little bitty trailer.

You may doubt that this is all possible, but I've been "dry running" it, meaning that I've laid it all out and walked through it so as to simulate where everything will go, and how to make use of  all this stuff that's crammed together.  It's very encouraging, and yes, it is fun.  It's beginning to look like it will have an impressive set of capabilities.

Here's da latest diagram:

The recliner will double as a bed.  It will set at an angle that gives additional room to put all this stuff.  Ain't that cool, or what?  Will probably have to use ladders to access the "pedestal region".  As far as the toilet goes, it could have a cover to give further protection from bad smells.  However, it will be a dry composting toilet with its own ventilation, meaning that the smell exits through a vent.

I was thinking that the freezer could double as a cooler, like an ac system.  However, I haven't included climate controls yet for this diagram.  The cooler could "assist" the a/c.  Climate contol could conceivably include a ductless, split system described in an earlier post, with the indoor part set up high inside, and the outdoor part sitting on the trailer tongue.

Update a short while later:

Oh, btw, I forgot to include a link to the "shower" base that I will use to collect water when I'm "showering".  It may fit underneath the pedestal and I can "whip it out" when I need to.  It can collect 10 gallons of water, which is plenty.


No comments: