Tuesday, December 2, 2014

About the recent FoFu ( Focus Fusion ) tweet

You may notice on the left sidebar that I tweeted the most recent report.  I did this without having read it carefully enough and made a comment that was incorrect.  So, here's to correcting myself:

Recently, there was a drive to pay for new electrodes that would aid in pushing the objective of fusion energy forward.  I fully supported that, as I like this concept.

It may well be that the electrode helps with impurities, but that is not what the report was about.  It was about another way that impurities are getting into the mix, which is what is not wanted.  The report is about a way to improve performance by adding a little pre shot before the main shot, as a manner of speaking.  A small current is sent into the electrode, which clears the way for the big current flow which comes shortly later.  It's the big flow that creates the focus fusion reaction.  Trouble is, too many "fast electrons" are melting the electrodes, which messes up the reaction.  This pre-shot takes care of the fast electrons.

I think I got it now.


No comments: