Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Neil Diamond - Song Song Blue ( repost )

NOTE:

The original post had the video taken down by Youtube.  That gives me an excuse to repost it here so that anyone interested can listen into the song.

It's a great little "pick me up" kind of song.  Goodness knows, I need it, and maybe the whole world may need it too.

The original post follows with the mentioned change ( lyrics added at bottom of post ):


This was a hit song when I was still in school.  For some reason, I associate the song with the time I took a Driver's Ed course.

It kinda sounded old fogeyish even back then.  Even more so today, I imagine.  But I'm an old fogey now, so it doesn't matter.  I like it anyway.



Song sung blue, everybody knows one
Song sung blue, every garden grows one
Me and you are subject to
The blues now and then
But when you take the blues
And make a song
You sing 'em out again
You sing 'em out again

Song sung blue, weeping like a willow
Song sung blue, sleeping on my pillow
Funny thing, But you can sing
it with a cry in your voice
And before you know it get to feeling good
You simply got no choice

Me and you are subject to
The blues now and then
But when you take the blues
And make a song
You sing 'em out again

Song sung blue, weeping like a willow
Song sung blue, sleeping on my pillow
Funny thing, But you can sing
it with a cry in your voice
And before you know it start to feeling good
You simply got no choice
Song sung blue Song sung blue
Funny thing, But you can sing it with a cry in your voice


No comments: