Saturday, June 21, 2014

Recap of last weeks posts 6/15 to 6/21/14

The thought returns that I've had before, and that's the reason for a society's decline is that it just gets old.  Any society is organic just like people are.  As people get old, they sicken and then die off.  New life takes its place.

If all societies are like that, then there's really nothing you can do about the nation's decline.  It's all inevitable, just as death in the individual is inevitable.  This is a considerable change in my outlook.  I always figured that there was the possibility of renewal in this society.  Maybe I wrong about that.

In any case, I came to the conclusion towards the end of the week that I won't worry about it.  The world has always been on a knife edge of destruction.  There's nothing new in that.  No sense in worrying about it because there's nothing anyone can do about it.

For now on, I will concern myself with things that I can control.

Update:

Ooops!  Forgot.  The "Best of" category of posts got one new addition this week:

More thoughts on going off the grid ( with some useful links )


No comments: