Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Home again 6/17/14

These type of posts reflect my relief at getting home.  That is more true today than usual, for it was an unusual day.  Lately, most of the business has been occurring in the morning.  Today was no exception.  There was a long layover period after about 2 PM, and then something came in at about 3:30 ish.  Little did I know at the time that the thing would take over 2 hours to do, including the time to get home.

It wasn't complicated, but it did go into a high traffic area at the wrong time of the day.  On the way, there could have been a road rage incident.  In my younger days, I may have partaken in some salty language with an individual that cut me off.  Maybe that is a good sign, as things could have been worse.  Yet, that wasn't the only thing.

On the way back to drop off ( a credit card that I picked up for a purchase of some items that would go back to the same place ), I encountered one traffic delay after another.  It was rush hour, but for some reason, this one was worse than usual.  It took me about 40 minutes to do that leg of the trip, which should have been half that long.

Then I was done for the day, but had to drive home.  I thought I was being smart not taking the freeway, but as that turned out, it wasn't to be so smart today.  I had to detour around that, and then the detour had traffic problems.

When it rains, it pours.  It seemed like something was causing a delay the entire way back.

Well, at least I made it home in one piece.  No road rage and no problems--- other than being a little irritated at how long it all took.

I don't usually write about stuff like this, but that's a different story.  Things appear to be getting a bit stale.




No comments: