Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Protocol

Everybody has their rules.  People are different in that their rules are different.  I had one boss who wanted to be called by his first name.  If he called on the telephone, he didn't want to hear "Jim who?" when he said who he was.  But not all bosses are the same.  There was another boss who wanted to be called "Mr. Pruitt".    I called him by his first name once and got corrected rather quickly.

One of my rules on this blog is not to use people's names unless their names are already out there.  Another is to be civil.  I think you can disagree and be civil.  On the old Boots and Oil blog, I had a liberal who came by from time to time to disagree with me.  Okay?  It's possible if you try it.

Was I violating my own rules this morning when I got sarcastic and said we should send a "gay bwigade" to "Ukwaine"?  Perhaps that's not very civil.  lol

Hey.  On this blog I'm the boss.  There are two rules when you deal with bosses:
  1. The boss is always right
  2. When the boss is wrong, see rule number 1.
Still, I got a little beyond the lines.  I don't want to make a habit of it.  But it kinda felt good.




No comments: