Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bill Whittle: The Free Frontier

This video may have been published here before, but I can't find it.  So, here it is again.

Several reasons for mentioning this:

  1. To test my search the blog methods.  
  2. It is a great video.
  3. Let's me pontificate on an idea.
Let's go through these in order.  First of all, I added a new gadget on the left sidebar.  It replaces the "About the blog" information gadget on the sidebar.  It is a much more concise and how-to with respect to using the blog as an information resource.

It is a great video which contrasts methods of government procurement of space services--- cost plus basis v. fixed price contracts.

The part that I want to pontificate on is the notion of thinking in terms of concepts.  That was the advice given to me in a book that proposed to teach someone how to be an entrepreneur.  According to the entrepreneur who sold me the book, you have to learn how to do this.  It so happens to be correct. Thinking in terms of concepts is not "rocket science".  It is plain old common sense.

But common sense is not common.

Below is the video in full.  If you have the time, I strongly recommend watching it and studying it.  It teaches far more than you would imagine.  Everything in this video is common sense, or should be if people were being taught that in our schools.  

Until we get that back in our schools, we will continue to go backwards---not "forward".





No comments: