Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thoughts on the road, 12/5/12

  1. On the Limbaugh show, Rush expressed his opinion that he may need to do some more education on baseline budgeting.  I can't speak for others, but for myself, I've heard all of that before.  In addition, I don't think a more rigorous approach with respect to ideology is what is needed.  The economy performed well in the nineties despite the Clinton tax increase.  The left will push the idea that the increased taxes improved the economy just as the right pushed the idea that lowered taxes improved the economy as well.  Both propositions can't be correct.  Perhaps a better way is to find a growth driver for the economy like the world wide web was in the nineties.  I suggest education on the subject of energy and space.
  2. With respect to the post on Focus Fusion, I came up with an idea to get the funds that he is seeking.  He could have lottery on a lottery.  Huh?  What I mean is this:  I've heard that people pool their lottery tickets and agree to share the winnings if one of them hits.  Now, if you take this concept and put the winnings into this Lerner's idea in exchange for a financial interest in his project.  If his project hits, you may get fabulously rich.  It's a lottery on Lerner's idea because it isn't a sure bet.  So, for a few bucks, you could try your luck and then if you do win, try it again on the Focus Fusion device.  Not much to lose, but the potential to win really big is there.

No comments: