Thursday, December 6, 2012

There are some problems with blogging as an information source

One of them is that you have to keep putting content out there even though the content may not be all that good.

Come to think of it, nobody seems to care about quality.

For me as a blogger, I am under constant time pressure.  And there's little time to do anything.  I work 12 hours or more each day, then I get up real early to write something for the blog.  How can it possibly be very good?

It may well be the case all around the media.  In order to keep to schedules, content has to be put out there.  It has to be put out there even if it isn't very good in terms of quality.

I'd love to have more time and freedom to write what my abilities could produce.  There just isn't enough of that.

It reminds me of what others complain about.  "Just give me more" is the common refrain.  Good luck on getting an affirmative response to that request.

What brings this all on?  Well, I just had a rather deep thought about Western Civilization.  Maybe it is over and we don't know it.  But to develop that thought into something comprehensive is just too time consuming.  So the thought withers on the vine and perhaps will die out--- just as Western Civilization is dying out.  And nobody seems to care.

WTF.

Update:

I've decided that we aren't dead yet.  But we are in a lot of trouble.




No comments: