Sunday, December 2, 2012

Investment Idea

On the last post, Erick Lerner says that for 2 million bucks, he can do some lab experiments as a proof of concept for his ideas on focus fusion.  I think he said he can prove feasibility.  Without going back and double checking that, which I am a little too pressed for time at the moment in order to do that, let's say that I'm correct.

Okay, given that it is correct, and all he needs is 2 million bucks, what can I do if I want to invest in this idea?  After all, he's looking for funding.  But I don't have 2 million bucks to risk.  I can risk some money, but it would be a pittance in comparison to what he needs.

One thing he can do is go the kickstarter route.

Or could I start a kickstarter and ask my readers to help fund a portion of this project.

The problem is that I don't have many readers.

I did have this non profit idea once.  I've got a dba for this purpose or any purpose that I can set up if I need to in order to accomplish this legally.

If nobody comments on this post, I'll take it as a lack of interest and forget about it.

I think I'd have to see what kind of financial arrangement I can make for the money.  So, if the thing works out, you can figure how much you get out of it as your share depending upon what you put into it.

So, what do you say?

Here's the video by Lerner.



Update: Kickstarter cannot be used for this purpose. So much for that idea.

Update:  There's a business question at the end of the presentation that got my attention.  It was about shares and so forth.  He discusses the corporate set up that will prevent hostile takeovers.  He mentions class B shares.  I wonder who can buy into these shares?



No comments: