Saturday, April 30, 2011

Evening Wrap 4/30

Today's topic was airships.  Funny thing about airships.  They have definite advantages that should make them attractive as a transportation vehicle.  These vehicles could be superior to all known forms of transportation in terms of versatility, cost and safety. Yet, few seem to be interested.  It only goes to show you that people are often not rational.

Let's look over some stats for this month:

Out of over 200 posts for the month, the top post got 24 pageviews.  Most posts don't seem to register.

Monthly pageviews shatters monthly record.  But with 200 posts, it must have been heavy blogging.

Here's a map of the top ten pageviews by country


That's not an exhaustive list.  There are other countries not shown here.  This was the top ten in number of pageviews.  Sometimes I get more pageviews out of country than in the country.  I don't know what to make of that, but it may not be good.

But, there seems to be progress.  Yet it isn't exactly overwhelming.

It could be my choice of things to be interested in.  Such as airships.  Nobody likes them.  My interest in space.  Nobody likes space.  One of my most successful days was the day I put up a link to Sarah LaCroix's video.  She is a singer and musician.  I guess people like music, but there are other things going on.

Politics generates interest.  But I am critical of all politics.  That means I'm going against the tide in both directions.  If I was more partisan, it might help.  But that goes against the grain of what this blog is about.  It's about solutions, and I don't see politicians as offering any solutions to anything.

I guess people like money.  But I am skeptical of markets too.  Maybe telling the truth about things isn't popular.  People prefer fantasy rather than reality.  Offer them a dream and they'll take it.  Offer them the truth, and they'll run away from it.  Start a political fight, and that generates interest.  Try to calm things down and make some sense, and that just bores people.

Now, it may strike some as odd, my talk of reality, given my rather speculative posts about space.  But space just isn't popular.  But popularity doesn't equal truth.  Space doesn't have to be expensive, but that's what people believe.  Why do they believe that?  Politics.  But they like the politics better, even though it is destroying their lives right before their own eyes.

If this blog can't make it, it doesn't speak well of someone.  Is it me?  I'm not so sure about that.  I have some ideas that I will try going forward.  It may bring my numbers up.  But I am running out of ideas and time.

No comments: