Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daily agenda, Venture Capital

As I wrote yesterday, I know nothing about this topic. Now is as good time as any to start.

You have to start somewhere with a study of this topic, and as things turn out, I did this yesterday. I met with confusion rather than enlightenment. Rather than to wring my hands in despair, I'll back up, and start over.

First, I will consult the handy Wikipedia.  Therein lies a good discussion of what it actually is. I believe I had an idea of what it was, but it is best to get that down pat. To understand it as well as it is possible. Here's as good a definition of it than what can usually be found:

The venture capital fund makes money by owning equity in the companies it invests in, which usually have a novel technology or business model in high technology industries, such as biotechnology, IT, software, etc. 

I think that "Mining The Sky" is a novel business model and the technology to implement it is also about as novel as it gets.  So, the idea qualifies as novel, all right.

The next thing is how to get started.  As with many things, the devil is in the details.

No comments: