Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fundraiser idea

Yeah, this one might be radioactive.  Once you get the idea that you are trying to raise money, that is almost guaranteed to send people running in the opposite direction.

Well, it would be for a good cause.  Meaning that I won't get any of the money myself.  Hmm, that sounds a little funny once you think of it a moment.

Let me restate that.  It would be a nonprofit idea.   Now that's something I'm good at.  This should be a cinch.

Here's the idea.  I have this page on Facebook called People for Space Colonization.   I even have a link to it from this page, imagine that.  Anyway, I would use that as a fund raising page in order to fund Dense Plasma Focus as a means of space propulsion.  Yes, but that would be a violation of that page's rules that I wouldn't ask for money.  Well, technically speaking this would be a violation of that pledge.  I could refer that page to this one, so that this page could do the actual collections.  Maybe I can keep that pledge by having the actual fund raising done here. 

It would then be a matter of legally setting this up as a nonprofit entity that raises money for this cause. 

As of this moment, I have only 5 other people who like that page and perhaps a comparable number of readers on this blog.  It would appear to be a hopeless cause, so I don't know if I will go plunging into it.  I need some feedback on that.  So, consider this as a trial balloon.

I would publicize it by a Facebook page that I used for this page a few months back.  This could get a lot of pageviews, but not necessarily anything else.   Well, folks.  Here's a chance to do something concrete and meaningful for a cause.  If you like it, give me some feedback.  If it looks good, I will put it into motion.  If not, then so much for that.

Why do I do it?  Because it pleases me.  Just like the Ricky Nelson song I mentioned awhile back.  You can't please everyone, so you just got to please yourself.  I'd be interested in doing it.  Let me know if you're interested.

No comments: