Sunday, March 27, 2011

There seems to be some interest

I've gotten a larger than normal number of pageviews yesterday, presumably in response to my last post with respect to the fundraising idea.  It seems to be enough for me to continue to explore the idea.  I looked into setting up the legal documents necessary for a non profit organization.  But, it is going to take more interest than this for me to commit because we are talking about significant expenses here.

I went to LegalZoom for the necessary documents and services and to get a price quote for a package that will set it up.  It looks to be between 300 and 400 dollars for the most economical package.  I could easily spend more if I were to decide to opt for a number of other things they want to sell to me.  So, this isn't exactly a freebie here.

Frankly, if I were to ever do something like this, I want to keep it simple.  LegalZoom asked a lot of questions about it and I had to give answers.  The answers, as one might expect, are kept in the most simple form.  I hope that is understood.  I answered the questions, but no action has been taken yet.  Basically, it all will boil down to how to pay for this and whether or not the interest exists to carry on with it.

No comments: