Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Corporations require some governance

If this were to become a non profit, it must become a corporation.  Otherwise, it couldn't qualify for 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Corporation status.  This is one of the questions that must get answered.  In order to answer that question, I looked this website up and it may be useful for that purpose.

An example:  let's say I want to appoint a secretary to the Board of Directors.  (At the moment, I am the Board of Directors, if I set up this corporation)   I would need something that would legalize it ( I think).  This site will produce the needed document for a fee ($15.50)  By the way, it should be obvious that this isn't LegalZoom.



To find out how much it costs to produce this document, you have to go another page as we see above.


That means that any decision needed will cost some money.  Naturally, I want to keep these to an absolute minimum.  If, on the other hand, the money came in, this could be more easily afforded.

I want people who are interested to have some say in this, so I will include this poll.  If nobody votes in this poll, I am going to consider this a very bad sign.

No comments: