Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Angel Investor

Continuing on with this reading, with respect to today's topic, is Angel Investing.  Reading down a little, I came across this blog, and on the top of the page is none other than a young Bill Gates.  You know, the billionaire who started Microsoft?

Hard to imagine that this guy at any time needed a helping hand.  I read about Gates many, many years ago when I was computer guy myself.

The blog doesn't claim that Gates needed an angel investor, though.  I've read enough about Gates to conclude that he isn't Superman.  For example, he didn't create the original MSDOS, but he based it upon a clone of the CPM operating system that he bought.  He marketed that successfully to IBM when they put out the original IBM PC.  That's the big break that made Gates super rich.

This is not to denigrate Gates either.  He knew exactly what he was doing and by golly, he did it.

No comments: