Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving

Today was to be a day of travel, but that isn't going to happen.  It was kind of touch and go anyway.  My gi-track is giving me some trouble.  When that happens, any sort of travel becomes ill-advised.

So today is a day of thanks.  If there is anything I have to be grateful for, and that is for being alive.  Without the incredible bit of luck I had, I might well not be here right now.  It is inconceivable to me that I would have had surgery to remove the tumor.  If the radiation therapy wasn't available to me, I would have declined the surgery.  Nature would have taken its course, and I wouldn't be here to tell about it.

Of course, I could have taken some other radiation therapy.  Maybe that wouldn't have gone as well.  The best result is the one I got.  I can move around freely.  I am mostly normal, but not exactly.  But that is okay.  It is a lot better than the alternative.

Dick Morris is having some radiation therapy back in Houston.  I wonder if it is proton therapy.  If it is otherwise, then maybe it wasn't an option.

I had the option.  Options are good.  Better to have a choice than to have no choice.

People are scared of radiation.  But it seemed to have worked for me.  That is all.


No comments: