Sunday, March 18, 2018

Obligatory, 3.18.17

Alrighty, now.

Our physical education instructor would open class with that statement.  I'm recalling something over fifty years ago.  Alrighty, now!

To start off this Sunday morn, I am announcing the discovery of a web browser, which I think may be helpful in at least one aspect--- avoid data gulping websites.

One site that I visit from time to time is Instapundit.  It turns out that it is one of the offenders.  It seems that there are few sites that don't grab up too much data.

A site that doesn't is Free Republic.  If I stick with that one, I shouldn't use too much data.  This new web browser allows me to see how much data it gobbles up.  Free Republic doesn't use much.  It doesn't have a lot of frills.  But Instapundit didn't look like it had a lot of frills, but apparently I misjudged that.  This tool will help me to avoid those that use too much data.  A big offender appears to be Red State.  Yay for Vivendi, the new browser.

I'm just getting started with Vivendi, so there's a lot of screening to do.

As for one site that I may be able to use, which is Memeorandum.  While I browsing the same, I noted a stark dichotomy emerging.

What does it mean, this dichotomy?

It does appear to me that a war is underway within our government.  Actually, it is the Civil War, which many are talking about.  A real Civil War is one in which one faction attempts to take control of the government over the other faction.  In this case, it is an insurrection from the losing party, who have been losing a lot of elections lately.  The Democrats are attempting to overthrow our system of government.  Yep, sure looks that way to me.

But the GOP isn't trying to stop them.  What we have here is a coup, in which the central government is attempting to change the government from a Federal Republic into something resembling a unitary state based in Washington DC.  It is a power grab of historical proportions.

Quite important that the battle is joined.  At present, a good many people don't seem to be paying much attention.

I leave it at that for the moment.  I want to evaluate how much data I just used.

Update later this day:

It didn't look too bad, so I am going to use it a bit more.  It is very useful for identifying data hogs, as I have gone through several sites now.  Ace's blog is a big, big, big data hog.  I'm sorry about that one, because I like to visit that site from time-to-time.  Same for Limbaugh and Surber.

Looks like only two data misers so far, and those I have mentioned.




No comments: