Thursday, December 17, 2015

Noon break; 12.17.15; Light chores about the house

This new schedule of mine will have a few hours in the middle of the day for me to do things that I'd like to do.  Under the old schedule, all these things had to be put off for the weekend.

Isn't that nice?

If there's a problem with it, it's too short.  I'd like more time.  Always more time.

But that's not what I'm going to focus on right now.  It's been almost two weeks since the last post on the trip out west, and preparations for the move out there.

So, with my spare time, I threw out some more junk.  I'd like to get this pile of junk down to the bare minimum.  How much junk can I take with me?  I'd like to use as much of this stuff as I can, but that may be totally unrealistic.

Briefly, the plan is to convert the van to an RV.  Then take this trailer I've got, and convert it to something that can be shelter that I can pull along with me.   If I were to follow this option, the moving van is out.  Which kinda looks like the right choice because spending money is just not the ticket.  The less that I have to spend the better.  That means the van, the trailer, and the car will be the biggest pieces.  What to do with the car?  If I have a trailer, how do I accommodate a car in that entourage as well?

I considered at one time a rental space for the car.  It will stay in town, and the van plus trailer will go back and forth between town and country.  I can be town rat and country rat at the same time.  What versatility!

The costs would be for the time I was in town at an RV spot, plus the cost of the storage spot.  Plus traveling costs back and forth between town and country.

Prev  Next


No comments: