Saturday, August 1, 2015

Random musings on the home front

As you may know, I've been holding down the fort lately, as a manner of speaking.  Aside from writing about the AGW issue, can't say that I've thought of much else to write.  Maybe at this point, there's some writing blockage, or what I'm actually thinking, I'd rather not say.

It's an old story, no need to go over it again, so I won't.

So, I'll move on to another topic.  Just read Dick Morris on Hillary again.  From what he is saying, it seems doubtful that she will be the nominee.  Her poll numbers aren't holding up.  Curious how Bernie Sanders isn't well received either.  His reception reminds me of Trump's.  The powers-that-be don't like either of them.

So, who'll be the nominee?  If the powers-that-be don't like Sanders, and Hillary can't hack it, then that leaves somebody else.  Morris mentioned Warren.  Know what?  That just might be what they'll do.  She can work the same angle Obama did with the identity politics.  Whereas Obama was the first black president, she can be the first woman president.  Would that angle work?  It just might.

I think Trump may not get it because the powers-that-be won't allow it.  Why do the powers-that-be have so much influence on the GOP?  Shouldn't they be fighting the powers-that-be?  Yes, they should, but they won't.  That's the main problem with the GOP.  They pretend to be the opposition, but then it is only pretense.  You get a real chance at change, like with Trump, and they won't go along with it because, it's just too different.  The GOP is in a rut, and they will likely never get out of it.  So, Trump won't be the nominee.

Will Trump run as an independent?  Don't know, but indications are that he just might.  If he runs as an independent, it is not likely that he will win.  He may be the spoiler that allows the Democrat to win.

It's either Walker or Bush if Trump doesn't win.  If Bush wins, I won't vote for him.  If Walker wins and Trump runs as an independent, it might be a tough call.  But the two of them running together will doom us to another 4 to 8 years of Democrat rule.

The GOP is a failure.  They should be cleaning the Democrat's clock.  Instead, they may go the way of the Whigs.

Moving on to another topic...

It's been nearly five years now that I began blogging full time.  Nearly ten thousand posts.  I think I've covered everything that I could think of.  I've never been prouder of my stuff than I have been lately.  But then, we are back to an area that I'd just as soon avoid right now.

A thought just occurred to me.  It is said that bullies can never be cured.  If you defeat a bully, they may actually become dangerous.  So much effort goes into defeating one another.  Yep, and I did it too.  I want to defeat the AGW theory so badly that I might even succeed.  But will it help me personally?  Nope.  It may make me some enemies.  Does that mean, then, that I should stop?  No, I won't stop.  Truth is truth, but bad human beings aren't much interested in truth.  If you defeat them personally, you won't cure them.  You may end up having to fight them on a battle ground somewhere.  That thought doesn't give much comfort.

Now that I've gotten along in my years, I look back and see that I made some enemies along the line.  Funny how it all happened, too.  For I didn't intend to make enemies.  It just seemed to happen.  Yet, I don't think I was doing anything wrong, but being true to myself.  This leads me to believe that if you live a true life, you can't help but make enemies.  For to avoid making enemies, you may have to give up your true self.

Nobody taught me to be the way I am.  I had no mentor.  As for my Dad, he got sick when I was about 13.  Before that, he was gone a lot.  Can't say that I had that much guidance.  What I learned, I did pretty much on my own.  If someone taught me to be the way I am now, I would have been warned of some of the dangers.  I had to learn the hard way.  That's assuming that I ever did learn anything after all.

If there's anything at all that I've learned, maybe it is humility.  It is hard to know everything, or even a lot.  Mistakes are inevitable, but try not to make too many.


No comments: