Thursday, July 30, 2015

Question answered in Wikipedia...

...article.  The question is:  How much radiative cooling takes place at night?

The answer:  Nobody knows!

The models all assume that heat cannot escape.  That's a big hole their models.  You cannot ignore the time factor.

More reading uncovered that the heating that is not being found is finding its way into the oceans.  I'm skeptical of that for the same reason. How long can the oceans trap the heat?  I'm thinking it is in hours, not days.  Therefore, it cannot build up.

Besides that are the Gas Laws.  How can the oceans trap the excess heat when the atmosphere tends to reject heat away from the surface by expanding when heated?  There is no plausible explanation for why the atmosphere would send heat back down to the surface.  It is the other way around.

Update:

The thought just now occurred to me that if they do not know how much cooling takes place at night, then how do they know how much occurs in the day?  Maybe because they've concentrated upon that only?  Isn't that what you call an oversight?  Could that not lead someone to doubt that you really know what you are talking about?

By the way, I googled the answer to that question before I wrote this piece.  I wanted to know how much came out and how much was absorbed.  I got an answer, but forgot how I found it, drat it.  It may be about half is absorbed.  Okay, that's daylight.  If there's no daylight at night, then the other half is lost meaning no net absorption!

But that may not be justified.  Nevertheless, I think they've got a hole in their theory that's big enough for a tractor trailer to go through.


No comments: