Thursday, July 30, 2015

Man Made Global Warming: Are you kidding me?

This one is really like that line from the comedian Richard Pryor.  Who are going to believe me, or your lying eyes?

What makes people believe in AGW Theory ( Anthropogenic Global Warming )?  The only argument is an argument from authority.  The climate scientists are the authority and they say it is happening, and since they know more than anybody else knows on the subject, we have to defer to them.  If you don't defer to them, the question will be directed at you--- "who do you think you are?"

But you don't have to be a climate scientist to understand that this is a very improbable thing that they are proposing.  I've written several posts on the subject, in which I express my skepticism on the theory.  Funny thing, I just keep coming up with more reasons to doubt it, rather than fewer.

That's what I want to write about with this post.  It seems like another killer argument to me.  But since I'm not a PHD in climate science, it may well get dismissed as the ramblings of a numskull.  So be it.  However, what I tend to say is pretty straightforward and simple.  I don't think it requires anything more than a high school education to understand it.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the understanding required.  Maybe a high school graduate would have trouble with it.  All I know is that when I was in high school, we studied Ideal Gas Laws, so that shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

This one isn't about the Gas Laws.  It is just common sense.  That's why I wrote the title the way I did.

Now the thought is this:  If the AGW theorists want you to believe this, they should be able to show that the heat they claim is being trapped by the carbon dioxide should persist in the environment for more than one day.  Now, that's not too hard is it?  After all, the energy has to come from somewhere.  If the usual amount of energy from the sun hits the Earth each day, the same amount must be radiated out each day for there to be equilibrium.  However, if it is not radiated out, it will accumulate like in a piggy bank.  What they are claiming therefore, is that the extra carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is causing heat to accumulate in the atmosphere.

That's where Richard Pryor comes into my thinking.  The heat won't last that long.  Not even close.

Look, if you go to a swimming pool on a summer day, you'll notice that the water is cold in the morning, but hot in the late afternoon and early evening.  The water accumulates the heat, and keeps it there until after sundown.  But if water can't keep it for more than a day, then the air won't.

Desert nights are cooler than coastal nights like here in Houston.  Check out some temperature readings to confirm this.  Why is this?  The influence of water.  But if water will not retain it in a pool, the atmosphere will not either.

This especially true when you consider the Gas Laws and the other things I wrote.

It's bunk.  Believe your own eyes and your own thinking.  Don't blindly trust an authority because he just may be wrong for any number of reasons.


No comments: