Thursday, July 24, 2014

A little story that has the possibility of growing

Something happened today.  Maybe today was "one of those" days.  Perhaps you could say that stuff was happening all day, and by the time the day was near over, I was getting rather cranky.  Then as I thought about what happened, I weighed it on the scale as to worthiness of being mentioned on this blog.

For better or worse, here goes...

Some dude tried to flag me down for help.  Evidently, he had a vehicle that wouldn't start.  Can't say why, but I just ignored the dude, who is black by the way.  In my rearview mirror, this dude started waving his arms like he was pissed or something.  I was real close to my destination, and this dude followed me inside.

He hadn't caught up until I came back and got into my van.  As I was backing out, he asked if I could give him a jump.  I was thinking... what the fuck are you doing following me around, motherfucker?!?  I was in no mood to argue the point, and there wasn't an argument, but it may be possible that I will see this dude again.

Anyway, as I was thinking about what happened, this kind of thing has happened before with black dudes.  Evidently, they seem to think that I am obligated to help them because I'm white and they're black.  I mean, any white dude wouldn't have acted like that.  Maybe panhandlers, who have the same kind of attitude.  But this dude was a working stiff---he was in uniform.  So, what gives with this?

One other time, some black dude asked for a jump and I refused.  He got mad, started calling me names --- white motherfucker, stuff like that.  I wasn't interested in fighting him and it is rather curious to me why there is an issue to fight over.  I am not obligated to help him or anybody else, but evidently he and a lot of other black dudes seem to think so.

Hey, I don't mind helping people.  But if I do, it's going to be on MY terms, not anybody else's.  If I say no, it's going to stick.  I don't feel as though I owe anybody any explanations either.  That includes Reverend Jesse Jackass.  So, if there's some shit over this, it just may flare up into something bigger.

I'm a peaceable fella.  But I ain't no pushover.  Don't push me the wrong way.


No comments: