Sunday, June 19, 2011

Texas Governor Rick Perry Wows GOP Crowd, Sets Stage For 2012 (Video)

When finished, Rick Perry was met with chants of “Run, Rick, Run!” and “Perry 2012!”

Even though he has been governor for the past 11 years, since Bush became President, and he was Lt. Governor who then became Governor, he has remained something of an unknown to me. I watched all of this speech, as it was the first time I heard him make a political speech. He seemed like a TV preacher to me. That isn't meant to be derogatory, and I don't know why it should be, but some people may think that is what I meant.

I am currently watching another video of his address to a Tea Party rally. He is getting a lot of cheers. His diction is definitely "country", meaning that he may be caricatured as a country bumpkin, or a redneck cowboy.  How he handles that may determine his ultimate destiny as a Presidential candidate.  Yes, I agree with blog where I found this, he is going to be a candidate.

No comments: