Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dr. John Hunter on Space Show 6/19

He's been on the show before.  Also, I've posted on him before, the last time on New Year's Day.  Just after the first break 30 minutes in the show, Charles called to challenge his concept.  A very lively discussion.  Dr. Space goes on a rant afterward.

It launches at 6 Km per sec. That's 13500 mph! That's what Charles objected to. Too much drag, says Charles.

Need to ruggedize the rocket motor because of the high G's. It will need a rocket motor to finish the trip to orbit.

I favor putting one of these on the moon and move payloads around the moon in a kind of trading mechanism. It would be like an Selenian economy where trading between locations take place.

Follow the facebook entry for news. I have included it in one of my likes from my Space Colonization page which can be linked here.


Note: I am going to make mp3 file downloads, I am going to mark it as red. Pdf files are marked as green. This is a heads up to anyone who doesn't want to, or does want to download it.

No comments: