Monday, January 14, 2019

Streaming conscious type post, 1.14.18

Most of the way through the day, and there isn't a post.  So, I need to do another one of these to unblock.

First of all, today was supposed to be a blood test.  However, I forgot to fast.  Therefore, it has to wait another day.

From there, it seems to have gone downhill fast.  Yesterday, I got the idea to try a simulator in order to learn something about driving a big rig.  Yep.  Great idea.  After all, I tried flight simulators before.  Only thing is, I never flew a plane.

These were relatively cheap, and ran on much less sophisticated machines back in the day.

The idea may have been okay, but the execution could have been better.  If it had been, then I wouldn't have bought the darned thing.   Reason being that the things are way too sophisticated these days for a simple computer like this one.  I needed a 64 bit machine, you see.  I only have a 32 bit one.  They did give a requirements notification before I bought it, but I took the chance on it being a 64 bit machine, when it isn't.

What got me to bite was the price for the software.  Only 5 bucks.  Sure, I can afford that.  However, what I didn't know is the HUGE amount of data this thing would download just to install.  Before I knew it, I had a data problem.  So, I bought an emergency data boost that cost 20 bucks more.

When the download was complete, I found that the 25 bucks was for nothing.  I can't use it.  So much for that idea.

Anyway, it is back to scanning the web.  Came across something about the Fall of the Roman Empire, and it reads just like what is happening in the country in the last few decades.  But that isn't anything new.   I have been writing this for the longest time.

This shutdown needs to go on all the way to election day if necessary.  Even if Trump declares an emergency and builds the wall anyway, the government should stay closed.  The reason is that DC needs a big dose of discipline.  Nobody has had the will to do it until Trump.  Don't know if he'll do it, but he should.

They are leaving trash on the mall in DC.  Now, you know why they are doing this right?  They want us to feel shame that they are trashing the mall.  However, it is THEIR city.  LET THEM CLEAN UP THE MESS OR LEAVE.

At this point, I don't give a rat's damn if the shutdown lasts forever.  These people need a good talking to.  If this can be the way, then let's keep it up until hell freezes over.

What a post.  Starting out with my mistakes and ending up with the mess in DC.  There's a kind of weird consistency in that, after all.



No comments: