Monday, October 5, 2015

Quick post, 10.5.15: Moonshot

My very own "moonshot".  That's in reference to the land I bought out West.  It seems that I don't have very many posts about that anymore.  Not that I haven't thought about it.

One thing that I thought was how much time do I need to take off the property in order to make some bucks so I can live on it.  This idea conflicts with the general purpose of the land in the beginning of this project.  In the beginning, I was to minimize my need for money.  But what I found out when I went out there is how fast that money can disappear out there.  So, there's going to be a need for money.  At the very least, there will be a need for money in the beginning.  Eventually, maybe I can wean myself off the money dependency.  But for now, no chance.  Since that is the case, how much time can I devote to my property?  This will depend largely on how much money I need and what it will take to earn it.

This leads to when I can leave.  There's less than six month now on this current lease.  Perhaps I can leave then.  However, the sooner I leave, the greater the risk.  How much risk do I want to take?  Eventually, the risk will have to be significant, as living out there can be hazardous in some ways.

Well, it seems that's all I have the time for.  This post has to end here.



No comments: