Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Obligatory, 10.7.15; Car dolly trailer

I will be needing one of these in order to carry my car around with me.  This is an alternative that I'm considering for the "moonshot".  The moonshot is what I call this project of moving out of Houston to my land out near El Paso, Texas.  It's a moonshot also in the sense that it is a very big, very risky type project.

One problem with the land is that it's so far away.  I've made 5 trips out there so far in order to attempt to do something with it.  It is always a disappointment because of the time element as well as the expense.  With a move out to El Paso, I will be within a couple hours drive of it, at least.  I can still work in town, and then access my land without having to make a big project out of it each time I go out there.

The idea of using a car dolly trailer is just to take my car with me as well as my van.  The van will provide shelter and the car will provide an opportunity to make a buck as a "taxi" service.  On my last trip, I found out the necessity to keep earning money, as money disappears pretty fast when you don't have any coming in.

Also, the tow around idea enables me to avoid renting space to store the vehicle.  The disadvantage is the need to drive more, since I'd like to avoid driving that old van a lot.  Perhaps once a month to El Paso to an RV place I located won't be too much of a strain on the van.

The van has to be converted to an RV so that I can live out of it.  The proposed plan is to rent out an RV space when I'm in town, and then when I'm finished making money for the month, go back to the property and live on the land.  The car would come with me.

Update:

Something to remember about the RV conversion---the windows.