Thursday, October 8, 2015

Home again, 10.8.15; About the move out west

  • With respect to the timetable:  It may be more risky to do this, but I am really anxious to get out there.  So, in order to satisfy that, the move will be set to the end of March, or possibly about 6 months later.  No later than the fall of 2016.  No earlier than the end of March 2016.
  • If I stay in Houston until the fall of next year, it will be as an Uber driver.  Delivery driving may be too tough for me now.  It's not a tough job, per se.  I'm just getting a bit too old for this.
  • The van doesn't have to be converted any time soon.  My move out there will be to an apartment, as opposed to directly out to the property.  One step at a time.
  • It's okay to make plans for converting the van, but those are all tentative.
  • I need to start thinking about the specifics of the move itself.  That's in terms of the actual moving of the stuff.  What stuff do I want to keep, and what should be thrown out?
Over all, I have decided to go ahead with the move.  It's a big deal to do this.  Not anyone amongst the relations likes this idea.

But it has come to mean a bit more to me than just a place to park my vehicles.


No comments: