Sunday, August 30, 2015

Planning for the move out west

This is a consideration of the method of living that I'll use out west.  The problem to solve is not having enough money, and having to go into the city in order to make enough money to live on.  This entails the use of two vehicles, which complicates matters considerably.
  1. If I live in El Paso, I could stay a week there, and then a week at the ranch.  That would split the costs of renting out an RV space.  But I'd have to rent a space for the car when I'm not driving, and at the ranch.
  2. Another option is to move out there into an apartment ( google apartments in el paso ).  I'd work for Uber to make a living just like I would do in Houston if I depended upon Uber to pay the bills.  I could go out to the ranch on weekends, if I chose.
  3. If I live in Van Horn, I could go less frequently into El Paso, and just drive there in the car.  It would be hard to make it for more than 2 days at a time without using a motel room.  I'd still need a parking spot for the car when I'm not driving it.

In any event, it would be hard to live out of the van.  No standing up in it.  It could be modified, but not for standing up.  In fact, the modifications have been planned already.

It's not likely that the ranch could ever be self sufficient enough for me to spend almost all of my time there.

There is also the problem that Uber may not generate enough cash to make it worthwhile as an income source.  I may need to do a "dry run" in order to see what I can make out there before I leap.  Looks like a plan, if I use option 2.

This goes into the general subseries section of the off-the-grid posts.

Prev   Next


No comments: