Saturday, October 17, 2015

Obligatory, 10.17.15; off grid on my mind continues...

However, the work turns indoors here at the currently occupied domicile.  There's a lot of stuff that must go, but there's a lot of time to do that.  However, it must begin at some point, and that point has arrived starting today.

I have 5 computers, not counting my tablet nor smartphones.  Two of the five are pretty old, and one of them is practically ancient.  All of them are being prepared for their removal.  Two of the five have had to have their hard drives removed, and that has been done as of this writing.  The third one doesn't have anything on the hard drive having been wiped before and had Windows 95 installed on top of what was there previously.

Windows 95?  Yep, the original OS for this thing was Windows 3.1.  Like I said, this thing is ancient.

Besides computers, other things are going to have to go as well.  Old clothes being one of those things.  It seems that I have stuff that I could wear when I was about 70 pounds lighter.  No way I can do anything with these now, unless I lost a tremendous amount of weight.  Besides, the clothes are really old.

As for the ranch, planning continues.  I was thinking of using more stucco in order to make a neat tank.

By the way, the tank will fill at the shallow end.  Once the shallow end fills up, it will then spill into the deep end.  This is to segregate the water for their different uses.  The shallow end shall be for personal use, and the deep end is for watering the plants.  Don't want the two to get mixed up, so they will be cut off from each other by a barrier.  I don't want any contamination from the plants, say something like fertilizer, that can get into my personal use water.

It looks like this plan can capture as much as 300 gallons of water, which means that up to 6 inches of rain could fall in a short time, and it wouldn't overflow.  Not likely to ever happen.  The deep end will be partially filled with recycled water from personal use.  I hope to recycle up to half of my personal use water.

Okay, that does it for now as I have a busy day ahead.


No comments: