Monday, October 12, 2015

Brainstorm: Use a dolly's "blade" to remove soil

Got this idea while out on deliveries today.  I set the dolly down on some dirt and it dug into it pretty good.  A light bulb, as a manner of speaking, lit up in my mind.  Since I may want to remove dirt and some pesky little scrub bushes from the surface where I'm working at the ranch, I can use this idea to scrape it all off without too much trouble nor expense.  At least, I hope so.

The blade could be a couple feet wide, which is okay.  I don't necessarily need a big one.  I have plenty of old dollies around the place, and I was thinking of how to get rid of them.  Maybe that was a bit hasty.  These things can come in handy out there.

Now I need to rig up a system where it could be practical.  It needs to slide along the ground with the blade jutting a few inches into the soil.  As you pull it along, the blade will scrape off the soil and the scrubs.  I'm thinking of using my little electric scooter as a motive device that will pull this thing along.  ( You didn't think I was going to do that myself, did you?)

If it works really well, I could use it to make some useful tanks that can collect water, and also have a deeper portion in the tank, where it will be easy for water to collect and to pump out.

Since this involves water, it will go into the water subseries of the off-the-grid main series of posts.

Prev   Next




No comments: