Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Home again, 10.13.15; Water experiments

Nothing really complicated here.  I'm just checking to see how high the water will go in a capillary action type experiment.  Just cut up a towel and will use it as the wick.  Earlier, I used a sock, in which the water got nearly as high as the opening of the container before it stopped.  Why did it stop?  Did it reach its limit, or was it stopped by something?  A clip was holding it in place at the opening.  I'm guessing that it was stopped by the clip.

The next experiment will place the clip higher, and above the container opening, and let's see if the water will go higher.

Update:

The water stopped at the same point.  However, I will let it sit for awhile longer in order to see if it will continue.  Perhaps it just slows down.

Update:

It's about the same as before.  However, I will let it continue for awhile longer and see if it manages to go higher.


No comments: