Sunday, October 11, 2015

The process of moving out

This is going to be a big job.  There are so very many things around here that just won't fit into a very limited space.

There's three desktop computers ( old, but still functional ) that cannot go.  Even the newest one is a tweener.  In the end, even that one may have to go.

There aren't that many furnishings here, but those that are will have to go.  A couple of desks have to go.  Lots of chairs.  My big recliner?!?  Oh, my.  My books???  There's no place to put 'em.  The TV?  Now, that may have some use even though I don't use it very much anymore.  You can connect it to the computer (if I keep it).  You can connect it to the DVD player.  But all of these draw power, so they won't be useful out in the countryside.

If everything has to fit into the van and the overhead I'll have to build, it doesn't leave much room.

In order to make the cut, it has to be something I cannot live without.  But, but, but...  Not buts.

Actually, this move has to start here and now because there's so much to do.

Update:

Getting a bit ahead of myself.  The first move should take place with all my stuff, so I don't have to get rid of everything until then.  That move can take place as much as a year from now.  No need to rush.  Not to mention that I'll have a year from then to get rid of the stuff that I can't take with me when I move out on to the property for good.


No comments: