Saturday, September 26, 2015

Obligatory, 9.26.15

Today is a stay at home kind of day.  I'll make some runs outside today, but for the most part, the computers are front row and center.

Seems like I'm making progress, but it is a hard slog.  I eliminated all but one browser on the desktop.  Seems like a plug in keeps wanting to load stuff.   The anti virus is stopping it, but the fact that it is still there means that I've still got a problem.  So, that's why the removal of all browsers except the one that seems to operating okay ( without manifestations of a problem at least ).

Maybe more later on this.

Didn't want to forget something I saw at work yesterday.  I was in a waiting area, which had a TV on.  While I was waiting, I heard the Pope speak ( actually a translation of the Pope ).  There was a caption along with it, which gave the impression that the Pope claimed that the rich cause the poor to be poor.  I thought that this is rather out of date of him.  I mean, that's antiquated Soviet Union type propaganda that he's talking, provided that he actually said it.  Since it is a translation, I can't say for certain that he did say it, but if he did, he's not exactly up to date.

Well, that's all for now.  Back to the grind with these computers.

Update:

Alas!  The problem persists.  I tried reloading a browser and it came back.  Makes me think that it is either attached to a downloader or to the browser itself.  Will try to download and install another browser.  If that one craps out too, then it is not specific to just one browser.

It may be necessary to roll out the heavy artillery.   So far, I'm just using the minimum weapon systems.

Update:

Tried the other browser with no luck.  Scans show no problems at all.  No attempt to reconsitute itself and not even a cookie.  Wtf?

Anyway, I am going to use the browser that works, and it will become my browser for this machine.

Let's see if that holds up.

BTW, I changed the header, and will add this post to the history of the blog category.  Wtf.


No comments: