Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Home again, 9.22.15

Actually, been home for an hour and a half already.  Been spending all that time trying to nail down this computer security issue that is nagging me.

Nope, not satisfied yet.  This netbook seems okay, the tablet seems okay.  The smartphone should be okay, but I won't try the thing that is troublesome on it.  Won't risk it.  That leaves the desktop machine.  It is still acting a bit screwball.  I'm in the midst of trying something else that might clear it up.

My thinking now is there is something in Java that is getting bootstrapped when the blog loads up.  But I don't know where this is coming from.  It maybe in the machine already, but if it is, it is escaping detection by anti virus software.  In other words, something is slipping by and it may not be in the blog, but is somehow connected to it.  If it isn't in the blog itself, it may not be removable that way.  Real puzzling.

Something about Java.  My guess is that anybody that keeps their computer updated automatically may not have a problem here.  This may be an issue that is completely local.


No comments: