Friday, September 19, 2014

Don't re-invent the wheel

Plans are still being updated this morning.  The plans are updated because I don't want to create new posts that cover old ground.  It's like re-inventing the wheel.

The latest idea is to make a carport.  I looked at some pre-made ones, but they don't do what I want, so I'll make my own.  What I want to do is to make a (Uni)solar-powered carport, as opposed to a portable one on a trailer.  Btw, that portable solar power trailer concept came from the pdf on going off-the-grid that I bought.  The carport will power an RV or a shed underneath.

This allowed me to revise some earlier posts about digging post holes.  Post holes will be necessary in order to anchor something tall to the ground.  Don't want the wind to blow it over.  Come to think of it, the carport might look like a barn before it is all over.  Want an enclosed end(s) to shield from the wind.

Also, revised the one about using a grass driveway.  The pre-manufactured stuff is just too expensive, so I'll improvise something else.

On another note, it has been raining a lot lately.  Not only here, but in the Sierra Blanca area.  One thing that concerns me is the erosion out there.  The more it rains, the more the erosion becomes a problem.  The irony of it all--- you want rain, but not too much.  But when it does rain, it seems to pour.

Update:

A link to battery discussion here.  How many and what kind of battery is going to be important.



No comments: