Saturday, September 20, 2014

Solar Carport

Prev   Next

This one goes into the off-the-grid series.

A sketch of the solar carport that I have in mind.  This gives me an idea of how much stuff I'll need to buy.

In practical application, I'm going to drive my van inside it and live there for awhile.  Afterwards, I may expand upon the concept in order to make it more livable, so to speak.  For example, the solarium will be attached to the south end.  At that point, when the solarium is going up, the thing will have to be converted from a carport to something a little different.  A house, perhaps?  Well, that's a little down the road, so to speak.

The idea is also to capture the rain, so it will be built so that the roof is slightly inclined so as to encourage the water to drain into a barrel.

Solar panels will be on top of the carport, of course.

A bit crude, but it may serve my purposes well enough.



Update:

Now, I'm looking into battery chargers and I found this.  Looks like it could be a better idea than Unisolar.  At the very least, it is an alternative.

Update:

And another alternative.  This time from Amazon.


No comments: