Saturday, June 7, 2014

Review of my off the grid series so far

The series began with a brainstorm on May 16th.  This post is now one of the History of the Blog posts, as it is an important development.  It is important because I'm getting pretty close to doing something concrete about this idea.  It is the only idea in which I had that I can actually attempt to do on my own.

It started off as an idea to live in a conex.  Since then, it has taken a few twists and turns.  The conex idea may be dropped altogether.  The point is to put up some shelter as quickly and cheaply as possible.  The conex idea seemed quick and cheap at the time, but I have refined the idea to make it even cheaper and quicker.

The link to the series is now on the left sidebar in the section about the various series that I have written for the blog.  All the posts are now linked together so that they can be viewed in sequence.  You can read them from the most recent to the oldest and vice versa.

It has been about three weeks now, so there may be up to 20 posts or so.  They haven't been numbered since about the fifth or sixth post.

For the sake of clarification, I can't really say that this is off the grid.  It will be on the grid, but it will be as limited as possible---especially in the beginning.  Call it subsistence farming for want of a better term.

Not everything on the subject has been linked as a post.  But I will try to integrate everything so that it will make sense.  As usual, I use backlinks to previous posts.  The convention for a long time is to use bold lettering for previously posted stuff.  The idea here was to make this as much of a reference material as I could.  If you want to think of it that way, consider the entire blog to be a reference to this, as it is a master plan for a new kind of life.  I've written a number of posts on what this blog has been about.  Usually, I say money, and so this series is the same, but a little different.  It's about living with "no money".


No comments: