Sunday, June 1, 2014

Instant gratification

If information is what you crave, then the world wide web is the greatest thing ever invented.  Why do I write that?  Let's take this song that oldtimers will know.  Maybe some younger folk will know this song.





All these years, I never understood this song.  In order to understand a song like this, if you are like me and can't make it out, then google the lyrics, and bingo.  There it is, instant gratification for information.

The song's lyrics, in case you can't actually understand this fool

CHORUS:

Louie Louie, oh no
Me gotta go
Aye-yi-yi-yi,

I said Louie Louie,
oh baby Me gotta go

Fine little girl
waits for me
Catch a ship
across the sea
Sail that ship about, all alone
Never know if I make it home

CHORUS

Three nights and days
I sail the sea
Think of girl, constantly
On that ship, I dream she's there
I smell the rose in her hair.

CHORUS

Okay, let's give it to 'em, right now!

GUITAR SOLO

See Jamaica, the moon above
It won't be long,
me see me love
Take her in my arms again
Tell her I'll never leave again

CHORUS

Let's take it on outa here now
Let's go!!

 source

No comments: