Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jury duty yesterday

Nobody likes these things and those running the show at the courthouse know it.  Yet they have the cojones to call it a "privilege" to serve on a jury.

That's actually a good point.  Having the right to a trial by jury is something that shouldn't be taken for granted.  Would anybody prefer to be tried by an arbitrary authority instead?

Juries are imperfect, but it is better to have a buffer against the state.  A jury of your peers is that buffer.

We have a good system of government.  What we don't have is a good crop of leaders.  What can be done about that?

What I try to do here is to inform as best I can.  But people run to the sound of the gunfire.  It seems sometimes that people prefer that to actually buckling down and solving some problems.  My brother says this blog is "too dry".  Yep.  Too dry means too boring.

But I won't be "spicing it up".  Audience or not, I'm going to keep do what I do.  Even if it only benefits myself, I'm going to keep doing the same thing.

People, if you want things to change, you have to step outside the box.  But I won't be stepping outside the box just to get an audience.  For people who only want scandal and suffering aren't the type of people I want to address.


No comments: