Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Reclaiming History and The Zapruder Film

Today, I finally reached the discussion of the Zapruder film.

Bugliosi starts off saying that it is not important, but reverses himself.  In my opinion, the film is important.  Not to ignore how it is abused in order to advance conspiracy theories, but there was that factor of throughout the controversy.  The point is that the side of right could have been won or lost depending upon how it was handled.  Bugliosi acknowledges this.  If he did not, he most likely would have failed.  He succeeded in a mock trial.

In my reading the book thus far, I cannot render a verdict on how he did, but I think he is on the right track.  There is more to go on this subject.  I plan to comment upon that when he completes his discussion.

Update:

Just completed the Zapruder chapter.  Bugliosi only touched upon an idea that just occurred to me since I've been reading the book.  Since the idea is a new one, I don't think it is proper for me to comment upon it at this time.

Bugliosi is doing a fine job of destroying the conspiracy theories.  I'm wondering with my idea if there could be any way to improve upon his work.  Maybe not.


No comments: