Friday, November 29, 2013

Lite posting continues...

As I read the Bugliosi's book --Reclaiming History.

It is over 1500 pages and it is taking a long time, just as I had thought.  I can't give an estimate on when I will finish this, but it may take as much as a week.

I'm reading the chapter about Lee Harvey Oswald.  Perhaps it can be said not to be a chapter, but an entire book in itself.  Very detailed.  Very much like Bugliosi to have so much material.

I have stopped to include my perception of Oswald at this point.  There is more about him, but I've seen enough to draw a conclusion.  What would that be?  Well, people may sympathize with Oswald, and feel that all he needed was more understanding.  But the only thing that more information and understanding about Oswald brings is that he was totally unreachable.  No amount of human kindness and understanding could reach this man.  I don't think he could be deterred from a tragic ending of some kind, even if his path with Kennedy never crossed.  He was destined for tragedy---no doubt about it.

Update:

Oh, boy.  Bugliosi is just piling it on.  I stopped to include this one more little thing:  I dare anybody to read this and then claim that Oswald was innocent.  NO.  FREAKING.  WAY.  You'd have to claim that Bugliosi is a liar.  I may disagree with Bugliosi at times, but I don't think he is a liar.


No comments: