Sunday, November 24, 2013

Reading Bugliosi's book "Reclaiming History"

After watching Dick Morris suggest that Lee Harvey Oswald may not have been the assassin of JFK, I felt it was necessary to revisit the issue.

One thing about Bugliosi, he is very, very thorough.  After reading it all day yesterday, I am reminded of that fact.  The book is over 1500 pages.  I suppose I've read a couple hundred by now.  So, there is much, much more to read.

He is taking it in chronological order.  I am at the point now where Oswald has been captured and is awaiting transfer which never gets completed because he is killed by Jack Ruby.  So, there's a long way to go yet.

Since I've looked into this subject before, there isn't a whole lot here that is new about the salient points, but there are many minor details that I didn't know about.  The minor details fills in a picture that is about as different as a crude sketch portrait compared to a fine quality photograph.  You get the complete flavor of the situation, so to speak.

It is rather impressive, I must say.

It will take a long time to read all this, so posting will be light.


No comments: