Saturday, August 18, 2012

Being right isn't enough

I had that post somewhere on this blog.  Alas, I cannot find it.  So, I googled it and came up with a few interesting posts.


  1. by Sherrill Tapsell 2002----"Being an expert, an adviser or consultant doesn’t mean that people want to hear what you have to say." 
  2. By Michael E. Lopez---"But as right as he might be, as righteous as his indignation may properly burn, he’s also a bit of an ass for going after the teacher in front of her students. "
  3. Michael Kemp---" this can put you in one of the hardest, most frustrating positions in legal practice: knowing you are right, but without anyone to convince. Worse, as a small-firm lawyer or solo, this leads to hours of unproductive and worse, unbillable hours trying to find an audience to accept your work." 

You must be mindful of the human element.  Unfortunately, this is not a strength of mine.  Most likely why I am a truck driver and not a professional.  I'm not likely to be successful, but I can be right.  It may be up to someone who can pull off the human element better than I can.

I can point things out, but that is not enough.

Wished it were different, but that's the way it is.


No comments: