Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ubuntu update

After installing the operating system, I set it aside until the weekend when I had more time.  Now it is the weekend, so I fired it up again.  Not much to report.  I performed some updates which were taking a long time, so I left it running overnight.  It didn't have anything new on the wireless problem, so I still don't have a solution for that.

There's no security arrangement that was obvious, so I looked for a firewall and installed it. But it doesn't look like it is doing anything.

After scanning some software titles, I decided I wanted to take screenshots, so I looked into that.  But I didn't see any way to install it.

I fooled around with Firefox for awhile.  It doesn't look like it has a bookmark importer, so it looks like I have to create an entire new bunch of bookmarks.  That isn't the best use of my time.

Overall, the operating system doesn't appear to be too inviting.  I'm not going to give up on it, but by the same token, I'm not going to spend a lot of time fooling around with it.

No comments: